Item code: 288364
One of the most popular down jackets produced by Rab, the Microlight Alpine jacket is highly versatile designed for alpine hiking, mid layer insulation under a shell or a general jacket for running errands around town. Filled with down, this jacket is super lightweight, warm, and compressible, making it the perfect for women who want to save space and weight whilst traveling. With a long length fit, this jacket provides additional warmth and protection from the elements whilst creating a flattering shape. Features:
- Womens lightweight down jacket with extra length in the torso (4cm longer then the Microlight alpine jacket)
- Ideal for wearing on a dry cool day or layering up in the winter
- Insulation: 150g of 700 fill power down has been GRS certified and treated with a hydrophobic solution to Maintain the loft and therefore the warmth, and to speed up drying time if damp
- Body mapped baffle is designed to give you larger and warmer baffles where needed
- Stitch through construction
- Recycled Pertex Quantum Pro ripstop nylon face fabric is highly durable, lightweight and windproof
- DWR coating on the face fabric encourages water to bead off the jacket in a light shower
- Low profile insulated hood with adjustable toggles on the front to close the fit around your face, plus a stiff peak to retain the shape
- Stretch bungee drawcord on the hem closes the fit around your body to prevent a draft from entering
- Stretch binding around the cuffs prevent heat loss
- One large zipped chest pocket on the left hand side plus two zipped hand pockets
- Stuff sack included for short term storage and traveling
700 Fill Power Down is high quality down which offers lightweight warmth and low pack size. High quality down gives lower weight but higher heat retention than lower fill power down.
Garments with an Adjustable Hood feature draw cords with toggles or other adjustment mechanisms, to change the size and shape of the hood to better fit the head of the wearer. Such hoods usually adjust independently around the head, and around the face, for a snug fit and optimum weather protection.
Down has been treated in a water-repellent solution to enhance down water resistance, improve dry time, and enable loft to be retained far longer in wet conditions than untreated down. In short, hydrophobic down is not as sensitive to getting wet, so is a great improvement over untreated down in unpredictable real-world conditions.
Lightweight products feature lightweight materials and constructions to reduce the user’s load and aid mobility. Lightweight clothing products are thin and provide very little or no cushioning and insulation. They are best used for high-intensity or warm-weather pursuits, or employed as part of a layering system.
Pertex Quantum technology is the lightest of the Pertex fabrics and it shows the best strength to weight ratio. Pertex Quantum is down proof and withstands the abuse of hardcore use.
DWR. Durable Water Repellent, is a coating added to fabrics to help add to their water repellency and shed water and snow more effectively.
Packs Small - This garment Packs down Small and comes with it's own stuff sack so it packs small to take up less room in your pack and can be easily accessed in case of a downpour.
Breathable material for comfort
Windproof - these fabrics are great for keeping you warm. They work by weaving the fabric very tightly, so that the gaps between the threads are too small for air to pass through at speed.
||100% Nylon (Recycled)
||Recycled Content 50% Plus