Item code: 124050
- Insulation: 800 fill powerder european goose down. Averaging 170g in a UK 12.
- The down is RDS certified.
- Water resistance: Pertex outer shell, this shell is super lightweight and water resistant.
- Stitch through baffles which vary in size to give you maximum warmth without bulk.
- Full length YKK main zip and 2 hand pocket zips.
- Packs down easily into it own stuff sack for short term storage.
- Elasticated edge on the cuff closes the fit around your wrist to retain warmth.
- Toggle at the hem to adjust the fit.
- Toggles at the hood close the hood around your face.
- Wired peak on the hood helps it to retain its shape.
- The full time attached hood is cilmbing helmet compatible.
- Rab branding on the left side of the chest.
- Regualr fit in the body.
Down jackets are designed to be worn in cold and dry environments, not the rain. If you're using this jacket in for long periods outside and in wet weather, please place a waterproof jacket over the top to protect the down.
800 Fill Power Down is at the top end of the market, offering exceptional warmth to weight ratios. 800 fill power is rare and expensive but gives expedition level performance and heat retention.
Helmet Compatible jackets have hoods that are compatible for use with a helmet. The hood allows four-way movement so never inhibits your vision while reaching or stretching in awkward positions.
Down has been treated in a water-repellent solution to enhance down water resistance, improve dry time, and enable loft to be retained far longer in wet conditions than untreated down. In short, hydrophobic down is not as sensitive to getting wet, so is a great improvement over untreated down in unpredictable real-world conditions.
Pertex Endurance technology incorporates an ultra-thin membrane with a durable nylon face fabric. This layer is so thin that it hardly adds any weight, nor does it affect the softness of the material considerably.
This garment Packs down Small and comes with it's own stuff sack so it packs small to take up less room in your pack and can be easily accessed in case of a downpour.
Rip Stop is a lightweight nylon fabric with interwoven rip-stop reinforcement threads in a cross hatch pattern. It's woven with a coarse, strong warp and filling yarns at intervals so that tears will not spread. Rip-stop is used in construction of hot air balloons and yacht sails but in this case very effectively on outdoor clothing.
RDS® (Responsible Down Standard) is a certification to ensure that birds used in the sourcing of feather down are treated ethically. All RDS Down is independently certified by Control Union and must meet exacting standards and criteria in the sourcing of the down. All RDS certified down is fully traceable and that down comes from birds that are not subjected any unnecessary harm or to live plucking and force-feeding.
When the weather's not co-operating, this feature will resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
||RDS® (Responsible Down)